AAPC 2022 is seeking proposals for to be presented at the Meeting that will take place in Milan at the University of Milano-Bicocca from September 5th to 9th. Up to 8 symposia will be scheduled, each in a two-hour time slot. Symposia can be organized for any psychological topic.
The recommended format is four to six talks per symposium. Talk time and Q&A time can be scheduled within the 2-hour session according to the organizers’ discretion. Symposia often benefit from a diversity of perspectives and institutional affiliations. Proposals from young investigators are encouraged.
The symposium should include a minimum of four talks; up to six talks are allowed. Talks must be entered in the order they will be presented. It is best to collect information about the individual talks from their authors before you start the submission process.
As the symposium organizer, you must have prior approval from your talk presenters that they consent to participate in this symposium (and no other symposium), and will attend AAPC to present their talk.
Required symposium information:
- Symposium title
- Brief description of the symposium (maximum 100 words) that will appear on the symposium overview page
- Full description of the symposium (maximum 500 words) that will appear on the symposium detail page
- Estimated attendance
- Name, affiliation, and contact information for the organizers (maximum 3 organizers)
- Acknowledgements (optional)
Required information for each talk:
- Talk title
- Talk abstract (maximum 250 words)
- Author names and affiliations
- Email and country of citizenship of the talk presenter (first author)
- The presenter must agree to an Ethics statement and disclose any Conflicts of Interest.
Organizer and Speaker Requirements
All speakers are required to register for the meeting. Submitting a symposium proposal or speaking in a symposium does not prevent you from submitting an abstract for a talk or poster presentation at AAPC 2022. An individual may participate as organizer or speaker in only one symposium; it is allowable for an organizer to propose him or herself as one of the speakers in that symposium.
Speakers who cannot travel due to covid-related travel restrictions will be allowed to present virtually. No more than 2 speakers per symposium can be presented virtually.
Organizers must ensure that all speakers are committed to participating in the symposium before submitting a proposal, and organizers must also ensure that speakers have not agreed to participate in more than one symposium. If a symposium talk has more than one author, it must be presented by the first author. For each speaker, please provide up to three references to published articles relevant to the proposed talk.
Proposals are evaluated by the Scientific Committee of AAPC 2022. Selection criteria include scientific merit, timeliness, theoretical innovation and breadth, methodological innovation, lack of overlap with the regular program, and diversity of the speakers.
Symposium Submission Schedule
- Submissions Open: December 20th, 2021
- Submissions Close: March 20th, 2022
- Notification of Accepted Symposia: April 18th, 2022
Please send your proposals as an attached document to: email@example.com
Do not hesitate to contact us should you need additional information.